Sadly, someone entered the church during second service November 11 and stole Keith’s computer, cell phone, and keys from the Intern Office. Pierce County Sheriff’s Office has filed a burglary report. Because the key ring included keys for the church, the exterior door locks were changed. Keith’s home and vehicle locks were changed as well.
This comes on the heels of two car prowls during worship in the last month. Members have been checking the parking lot during worship but we clearly need to step up our activity so here is the plan:
- Starting immediately, the West door by the Preschool will be locked at all times. If you exit that way, check to ensure the door is completely closed behind you.
- There will be parking lot greeters every Sunday from 8:15 – 12:15. Volunteers are needed. Please sign up with Virginia.
- Make sure your car is locked and don’t leave anything visible inside.
- Be vigilant. If you see something suspicious, the Sheriff recommends taking a photo of the vehicle (not just the license plate) and call 911.
- The Sheriff Deputy will be present in the parking lot for the next couple of Sundays, barring emergency calls.
- When small groups meet at the church, the exterior doors will remain locked. There is a doorbell to the left of the front door.
- The security firm has been contacted to add audible chimes when the doors open and signage will be added on all doors.
- We are investigating installation of cameras but thieves have figured out how to out-smart those and it may not be a wise investment. Council will keep you advised.
The expenses for lock changes and replacement of Keith’s laptop and phone are unexpected and significant. We have been in contact with our insurance provider however, there is a large deductible. We will have a separate special offering to help offset these expenses for Keith and the congregation.
Please pray for Keith – and for the thief.
Your sister in Christ,
Keith without his computer. What's an intern to do.
Help spread the word
You just finished Security at Creator.
Please share so that others can enjoy too.